With COVID-19 keeping people from seeing each other and keeping them from certain activities, it can be difficult to know what to do. But parks and outdoor activities are still open, along with a few public buildings. Here are ten places around Rochester Hills to go and get some fresh air before winter comes.
1. Avon Nature Area- 1115 W Avon Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
The Avon Nature Area features 102.5 acres, trails, ponds and scenic overlooks.
2. Lake Norcentra Park- 800 W Avon Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Lake Norcentra Park is located right on Rochester University's campus. It can be a great place to spend time between classes.
3. Yates Cider Mill and Park- 1950 E Avon Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Yates Cider Mill is open to the public and features a petting zoo and store where people can purchase things like cider, apple-based products, as well as donuts and honey. There is also the Yates Park right across the street, where there are picnic areas to enjoy cider and donuts.
4. Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm- 1005 Van Hoosen Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48306
The Rochester Hills Museum is not currently open but still features many historic buildings for visitors to look at.
5. Innovation Hills- 2800 W Hamlin Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Innovation Hills is another park that features hiking and walking trails. It consists of 110 acres and allows for fishing under DNR regulations.
6. Thelma Spencer Park- 3701 John R Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Thelma Spencer Park features 113 acres with picnic areas with charcoal grills, Tennis courts, Volleyball Courts and Ladder golf.
7. Stage Nature Center- 6685 Coolidge Hwy, Troy, MI 48098
Stage Nature Center is still open to the public. The grounds have a walking trail, as well as paid tours and activities for all ages.
8. Raintree Park- 3775 John R Rd, Troy, MI 48083
Raintree Park has a walking trail through scenic woods as well as an 18-hole disc golf course, a ball diamond, and volleyball courts.
9. Firefighters Park- 1810 W Square Lake Rd, Troy, MI 48098
Firefighters Park is good for people who like to be active as it features soccer fields, a baseball diamond, an 18-hole golf course, volleyball courts and shore fishing.
10. Rochester Municipal Park- 400 6th St, Rochester, MI 48307
The Rochester Municipal Park features over a mile long walkway, tennis courts, volleyball courts, scenic ponds and picnic areas.